If there is a long task in the game system: gamify it. Character creation should be gamified. If its a big front loaded task, it should stand on its own as a session.
- the GM doesnt do this alone in his free time and instead share this fun with his players. It should take him 10-15 minutes to do this as a test run to know how the system work.
- There should be a checklist in the end (my experience of running the Traveller character creation) to make sure all elements are created.
- Layout and Information Load should be strategically assessed. Currently I'm going for 2-page spread for the lite, and 4-page spread for the long outline of Roles and Tasks. Then Appendix all the details.
- The long may need to have some helpful details like page references. The long has to explain some historical details like peoples and roles.
- Flow from process to process is going to be a challenge.
- The Appendix is easily searchable epub or pdf. the player should be able to find the details easily.
You'll noticed I've scaled down the task since I only have 3-4 hours a week in total to write for game in the brain and my research projects. The thinking part of writing takes up valuable time of the writing process which I need to break up and do in the free moments throughout the day.
Asymmetric Status in a group. now this is takes a much longer post. feel free to ignore the status roll or average the status roll of the entire group to get the group's status.
|GURPS Lite||GURPS character creation (long)|
GURPS is a property of Steve Jackson games. This homebrew system is for my personal use. Athough I will definitely make an Open-RPG version of this once I've created a successful version so I can share it (eve the editable documents).