Saturday, March 23, 2013

Convert my GURPS Lite to GURPS Fantasy Lite

There are important notes for myself in the way my project transformed:

  • Convert my GURPS Low Tech Lite into Fantasy Lite
  • Draw Heavily from Dungeon Fantasy and DnD but keep it much simpler
  • Pretty Much GURPS Lite with Wildcard skills and more starting data.
  • All data and layout should make character creation in a few minutes. Especially since the Templates just do the work and options for the players. 
  • Stays the Pamphlet size of 1/2 Letter. 
  • Sample Monsters and Encounters should be an add on and different booklet. 
Yikes, there is a lot to do. I think I should focus on keeping it very compatible with GURPS Lite. I will add weapons and equipment... I think. 

I guess the best way to go about this is thinking what can I accomplish in my spare time, in about 2-4 hours how much can I fix the system so that GURPS lite Fantasy can be ready? 

There is so much I want to do. I want to add the Half-Giant Template to allow SM+1 characters that have ST15, and doubling the weight of their armor and clothing. I want to make an elf, dwarf, gnome, and halfling that is almost 20-40pts tops. 

Since its wild cards, i don't think Talents would be helpful. The templates would have to follow the usual tropes. Spellcaster - Theurge (a name that means miracle worker or a supernatural agent) and Magus (a mage). Leader - Priest, Noble, and Mastermind. Rogues - Agent, Thief, Merchant, Sage, Bard, and Courtier. Then the warriors - Templar, Knight, Man-at-Arms, Scout, Skirmisher, Assassin, and barbarian. 

No comments: