Home brew excerpt regarding the value of gold. I know the ratio of gold to silver and to copper is based in modern market value, but I want players to transfer their appreciation of gold to the setting.
1gp = 10sp = 100cp is still the same, I just changed the weight.
I tried converting the prices
This version keeps the prices more or less intact. A backpack costs about $40 in this system,
○ 1 silver piece is 2 grams of silver (about USD $2) 20mm diameter but 0.5mm thick, 1lb of silver has 240 silver pieces.
○ 1 gold piece is a 0.36 gram bead. a 3.2mm diameter bead (half the size of a BB; USD $20)
○ 1lb of gold has 1250 gold beads.
○ 1 copper piece is 13.2 gram (USD $0.2), 1lb of copper has 34pcs. 30mm
diameter and 2mm thick. 1 copper piece if called a Farthing.
in this system, a backpack costs about $120 sounds about right.
○ 1 silver piece is 12 grams of silver (about USD $6) 20mm diameter but 0.5mm thick, 1lb of silver has 240 silver pieces.
○ 1 gold piece is a 2 gram bead. a 6mm diameter bead (half the size of a BB)
○ 1lb of gold has 225 gold beads.
○ 1 copper piece is 80 grams (USD$0.6), 1lb of copper has 5pcs. 47mm diameter x
A pony costing 3,000 farthings or 30 gold costs about 75,000 pesos is about right.