What is a Role-Playing Game?This is a game where players take part by playing the roles of fictional characters. Participants use storytelling, improvisational acting, and problem solving skills to interact with and create a world. This world can take any form, it can be entirely fantasy, authentically historical or contemporary, or speculatively futuristic.Role-Playing games can serve as a catharsis, as it had been during it beginning. Although, like many games, it is more practically valued for its exercise Critical Thinking, communicating understanding of concepts, and exercising theoretical skills.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
- Removed all Supernatural and Non-low Tech Genre elements
- Used My definition of Social and Psychological Disadvantages
- The disadvantages are re calibrated that Cannot Harm Innocents and Psychopathic tendencies are considered aberrant or part of the normal human character.
- Put a more consistent organization on some definition.
- Cut out a lot of the text that make modern references.
- Cheap Items are the "default" price.
- used the Marian Legionaire Equipment Load out as the Sample Load-out for quick starts.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Helpful information about "Tactical Shooting: A New World: A Private War On Narcoterrorism - Steve Jackson Games Forums by Icelander".
The stats are pretty realistically detailed it would apply to any other game system. Although i don't know any other game system that runs fairly realistic modern combat.
Enjoy the gratuitous detail
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" - John Maynard Keynes
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I heard this study in my critical thinking lessons and economic history studies. In my wife's CFA exam this was also covered.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- At 2gp for 1 days ration - All non-leader mercenaries earn less 4sp a day! So a hireling cannot afford a days ration! At such costs mercenaries will demand rations from their employers.
- 15lb of Silver Coins is comparable to worked 7lbs steel!
- At 10 coins equaling 1lb! a character cannot carry more than 25 coins in his small pouch.
- Laborer is paid 1sp per day, but is paid 20sp in a month.
- Heavy Horseman earns 12gp a day, It will take 4.7 years saving up ALL income to replace all his equipment! Selling the loot of a heavy horseman is worth more XP than defeating one!
- No price for helmet, but it if one would extrapolate it would cost +13.34gp!
- It takes 45 days for an armorer to make Mail armor. In which time he earns 300gp yet produces an item that costs 75gp! If that was a dwarf, he would be earning 450gp for 22.5 days of work while selling that 75gp scale armor. I wouldn't say efficient, more like overpriced.
- On the flipside: a Tailor or a Leatherer making Scale will cost 3gp of services! A human tailor is more cost efficient than a Dwarf Armorer! I guess the reason why the gnome and the dwarf armorer can't stay more than a year is because they are incurring huge losses!
- A scribe is better paid than a Man-at-Arms at 300 sp per month yet still cannot afford a days ration!
- Only Sergents and PCs can afford Days ration!
- It is cheaper to hire a Cook and Eat everything you can kill than to purchase rations.
- Light footmen costs as much as laborers but can fight. Another way to look at it, dress up a laborer and you got a Light Footman.
- Characters who "run" 240ft in 1 minute is merely moving 1.2m/s or 4.4kph or 2.7mph! Technically thats walking. A character "Charging" actually just walking briskly up to an enemy! In scale mail a character moving at 1kph/0.685 mph! Whoah Slow Down! Imagine a charge that takes an Entire 60 seconds! pretty anti-climactic.
- Marching 120ft per minute is moving at 2.2 mph or 3.5kph or 0.98 m/s. Marching 24 miles a day is marching for 11HOURS!
- Arrows weigh 3 to 1lb! The heaviest arrows weigh 1/10 of a lb.
- Does Armor Get a Item Save? If it does, doesn't being attack successfully constitute that save? If the armor succeeds does that mean the wearer doesn't take any damage?
- One survive many Encounters, just carry a shield and don't wear armor and run! unless your a dwarf.